v1.19.8 Dot the i's and cross the t's

Tyron

Dear Extraordinary Survivalists
v1.19.8, a stable release, is now available to download through the account manager.

Just a maintenance patch. Should reduce the amount of server restarts server owners have to do. Fixes a few annoyances.

image_1.thumb.png.95fe8ddba1f048a793adc753e7bc7745.png
Soviet panel house by Chuchi Gucci, shared on discord #screenshots

Game updates

• Tweak: Added playername to logging of server command execution (only relevant for multiplayer servers)
  • Fixed: Clutter bookshelves were not dropping items when repaired with glue
  • Fixed: Items getting mixed up / undefined behavior in heavily modded worlds where the amount of item ids exceed 32767
  • Fixed: Able to move some dialogs out of the visible area, such as the Character Stats dialog
  • Fixed: Hand breaking animation endlessly repeating when holding left mouse down on empty hands then switching to another tool with left mouse button still held
  • Fixed: Left clicking with oars in hands playing attack animation endlessly
  • Fixed: A crock in the auction house crashing the game client when hovered over
  • Fixed: Dynamic lights (like held torches) flicker heavily in 8x8mil worlds
  • Fixed: Chunk generation on larger than default sized worlds had a massive performance leak. Creating a new 8x8mil world is now 5 times faster - the same speed as a 1x1mil world.
  • Fixed: First person animation for pouring liquid metal improved.
  • Fixed: Server lagspikes after several days of uptime. (Technical info: BESpawner not unregistering despawn event, causing 100ms ticks on entity despawning after 7-10 days of uptime on TOPTS)
  • Fixed: Server memory leak on large survival servers after several days of uptime - 7 Mb per unique player since startup. (Technical info: Consumed 1.5 GB on TOPTS after 9 days of uptime due to 209 unique players visiting over this time period. Fixed by not initializing the creative inventory on player join)
  • Fixed: Server crashing when there's a corrupted itemstack inside a crate that a creature tries to pathfind over

View full record

• Like 9
  • Mind=blown 1
  • Thanks 2

Will the bug with the lighting of the lanterns when finishing with colored glass be fixed? When saving the world and re-entering the game, the color lighting broke

Edited by egorvsv
  • Like 1

I'm getting short lag spikes when people communicate in chat on TOPTS ever since this update. 8-9 out of 10 messages causes me to lag for 0.5 seconds. I;ve had the same stuff happen ro me when people joined and left the server before this update but now I have both the chat lag plus joining/leaving lag.

No idea why or what.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2024 at 3:55 PM, Tyron said:

Bug reports please to https://github.com/anegostudios/VintageStory-Issues/issues with as much information as possible. That being said, i'm not able to reproduce any of these 3 reported issues.

Ty, but fault wasn¨t the update afterall. After struggeling my dedicated server actually modified a folder for dotnet versions so it was empty, so i had to kinda take time to solve it and once i did it finally had a folder version in that folder and then server begun starting up as normal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.