Would anyone know/be able to make a mod to make animals not notice you as quickly?

I like VS a lot but so many times (even more so with the new deer animals) I just cant get close enough to them. they notice me from way to far away. Sometimes I cant even notice them before they start running.

I would like to know if there is a mod or if there is someone that can make a mod that just reduces the detection range from most animals (to a reasonable degree of course).

thnx!

I don't know if setting animal aggression to neutral in the world settings would make the deer stop running away, or if it just stops all animals from attacking you unprovoked. It's worth a shot though, and as @Streetwind said, there's also the Malefactor class, which is able to get a bit closer to animals without them noticing.

In regards to mods, I'm not aware of any that currently exist that do what you describe. There is XSkills though: https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/247

XSkills has a talent you can take(I think it's under the Husbandry section) that further reduces the range that animals are able to detect you. You'll need to acquire enough experience working with animals in order to take that talent, which can take some time, but I do find the mod rather fun to play with as it gives a way to further progress your character over time. 😀 I'm also guessing that if you picked Malefactor and took both talents that decrease animal detection range, you'd probably be able to almost pet the deer before they run away, although I can't be certain as I've not tried it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.