Adding cooking recipes?

I'm trying to create a custom recipe for a new glue {type} and I'm having some trouble wrapping my head around what I need to do or what I'm missing.

In particular, I'm not being able to find much information about cooking recipe modding and it may be that I'm not looking in the right places. For instance, I don't understand the role of "shapeElement" inside of "validStacks" and can't find a document reference for these things. 🤔

Currently, I have a custom recipe set up based on the default pitch glue cooking recipe. As far as I can see, there are no errors with registering the recipe (I had one at first when I tried having game:peatbrick as an ingredient choice but I removed that for now). In-game I'm not able to make the recipe function and unsure on how to debug the recipe itself.

It's possible I'm not using namespaces correctly either, as I'm new to VS and VS modding in general. Here's my recipe code in case there's something obvious I'm missing:

{
	"code": "glueportion-animal-hot",
	"perishableProps": {
		"type": "Harden",
		"freshHours": { "avg": 1 },
		"transitionHours": { "avg": 0.05 },
		"transitionRatio": 1,
		"transitionedStack": { "type": "item", "code": "game:glueportion-animal-cold" }
	},
	"shape": { "base": "game:block/food/meal/liquid" },
	"ingredients": [
		{
			"code": "water",
			"validStacks": [
				{ 
				"type": "item",
				"code": "game:waterportion",
				"shapeElement": "bowl/water"
				} 
			],
			"minQuantity": 1,
			"maxQuantity": 1,
			"portionSizeLitres": 1
		},
		{
			"code": "fish-base",
				{ "type": "item", "code": "game:fish-raw", "shapeElement": "bowl/fruit"} 
			],
			"minQuantity": 3,
			"maxQuantity": 3
		},
		{
			"code": "plastic-base",
				{ "type": "item", "code": "game:resin", "shapeElement": "bowl/fruit"},
				{ "type": "item", "code": "game:beeswax", "shapeElement": "bowl/fruit"},
				{ "type": "item", "code": "game:honeycomb", "shapeElement": "bowl/fruit"}
			],
			"minQuantity": 1,
			"maxQuantity": 1
		}
	],
	"dirtyPot": true,
	"dirtyPotOutput": "glueportion-animal-hot"
}

Attached screenshot of the recipe as I expect should work; the item codes in-game do seem to match to what I've added in the validStacks.

2024-06-23_12-37-31.png

Edited by NerArth
tag

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.