Slabs should be placable on slabs

foebits

If you're using slabs to have a material on the bottom, and a different material on top (making a full block sized half and half), you currently cannot. This is restricting for building structures.

• Like 2

yes, but that is both time and material intensive for what could be accomplished by just slapping two slabs together, isn't it?. I'm talking just basic slabs, no fancy designs. I only just started experimenting with the chisel.

2 hours ago, foebits said:

yes, but that is both time and material intensive for what could be accomplished by just slapping two slabs together, isn't it?. I'm talking just basic slabs, no fancy designs. I only just started experimenting with the chisel.

I suppose so. Really it doesn't take all that much effort to do now that you can chisel slabs onto other slabs, but I suppose an option to have this automatically applied when placing a slab on another slab could be useful, if one was particularly taken to the practice.
I was just trying to showcase how for the time being there is already a way to achieve the same appearance as slabs on slabs already in the game.

for what i was specifically trying to do. I was trying to put a top slab on the bottom and a bottom slab on top to make a full block in a "half and half" block location. But in general, the game won't allow my to place a slab on top of another without the top on floating a slab's width above the bottom one. I have towed with chiseling a little so far, but nothing like you have showed with different materials being in the same block.

50 minutes ago, foebits said:

I have towed with chiseling a little so far, but nothing like you have showed with different materials being in the same block.

Press 'F' when looking at a chiselled block, then click and place a second block from your hotbar into the big '+' icon to add more materials.
You can change materials from the chisel menu ('F'). 

Edited by ifoz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.