Flowers as ore indicators - issue with surfaceBlock

I'm trying to made mod, which generate large, but rare deep ore deposits. To help finding ones, I want to add special kind of flowers, which would have larger probability to spawn in presence of the ore (giving both false positive and false negative reading, but anyway helpful if combined with propick readings).

For testing purposes, I replaced surface ore nuggets with such code:

surfaceBlock: { code: "flower-orangemallow-free", minTemp: 20,    maxTemp: 39 },

but regardless of temperature range, flowers are spawning. Is there way to fix it?

Posted (edited)

I tried to change code to this: surfaceBlock: { code: "flower-orangemallow-free", climate: {minTemp: 20, maxTemp: 28} },

but still no effect, it is always generated for surface ores (regardless of climate), and never for deep ores (I added similar block to deep native copper deposits).

EDIT: I think I found issue, it is described here: 

so for each block below dirt, surfaceBlockChance is decreased by 11% of its initial value, that means, no matter how initial surfaceBlockChance is (even 100 instead of default 1), maximal depth for surface indicators is about 10 blocks. 

Edited by Wahazar

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.