Shells for OIl Lamps

Welcome to the forums, @Anna Hoellrich

The major problem with oil lamps is the fat is too precious to waste at that point in the game. Bur I could see a process like grinding (oil) shale in a quern, extracting it with water (barrel mechanism), and skimming off oil in a shell or bowl to make an oil lamp. Maybe forty shale rocks become four lamps? 

Edited by Thorfinn
  • Like 1

I mean, I'd use them for decoration later in the game, for sure, and maybe one or two early on. I don't see the fat being the problem--it's finding enough shells to make the amount of lamps that I want. Of course, that's assuming that the shell oil lamps take the appearance of the shell you crafted them with, and not the default lamp appearance you get via crafting with a bowl.

I have no problems with shells -- from time to time, it's my source of limewater.

I'd think it would be easy enough to just make a shell into a light source and keep the same graphic.

[EDIT]

As a mod, I'm saying.

[/EDIT]

Edited by Thorfinn

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.