Claim with item from trader

Wahazar

I know that there are claims implemented by using some commands.

I have alternative idea, maybe it is doable by mod - to use special lanterns (which may be purchased from some traders), which placed, are granting claim in certain area as long, as they glow (for example 100 ingame days). Extinguished lanterns can be sold to trader for less price than new ones.

Such approach is more immersive, also grant free claim if player abandoned server.

• Like 1

How about instead you just build a fencepost and place a temporal gear on top? Or craft a stick and a temporal gear into a claim marker. The rest of the effects are the same you specify. Maybe 108 days, one full game year?

Yeah, I'd like to see something like that as a mod first.

1 hour ago, Wahazar said:

Such approach is more immersive, also grant free claim if player abandoned server.

More immersive, yes, but don't server admins already take care of things if a player quits playing on the server? I suppose this would be an option to sort of automate the process, but I agree with @Thorfinn, it's better as a mod first.

I was thinking about 108 days, 100 days normal light, 8 last days red light as a warning.

Why trader item, not a temporal gear? To limit amount of such items and avoid making huge claims.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.