Suggestion : New means to fund the team without impacting the actual game or its contents.

FlareUKCS

I was wondering if Tyron and the rest of the team have thought of some basic merchandising, not in DLC or stuff that was in game but more to the physical boring real world.

I am pretty sure there would be some interest in a plushie of a Locust, or other iconic VS 'characters' . Imagine a bronze and/or corrupt locust plushie with a limited run on Saw Blade Locust plushies. It would be at least a means to inject a bit more cash in without needing to ask players for cash for in game stuff (which I hate tbh).

• Like 10

• 3 weeks later...

I could certainly see myself purchasing a saw blade locust plush or a bit of artwork with a black guard fighting drifters below ground ("It is the best class after all," the author typed smugly.)  If the artist crew had the time and were amenable to the possibility and had the time that is. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Amazing! 1

Some little desktop action figures would be awesome! As well as a plush or two. However, those are also things I'd rather see when the game is much closer to being considered complete. That way developing and ensuring quality merchandise is less likely to pull resources away from the game itself, or give the appearance of a cash grab(as so many companies seem to love to do of late).

15 hours ago, LadyWYT said:

those are also things I'd rather see when the game is much closer to being considered complete.

I recently saw a video in which the produced referenced a recent interview (about 1 year ago at time of recording) with Tyron in which he (Tyron) estimated the game to be about 10% complete. We may be up to 15%?  But that is wild speculation on my part.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

I recently saw a video in which the produced referenced a recent interview (about 1 year ago at time of recording) with Tyron in which he (Tyron) estimated the game to be about 10% complete. We may be up to 15%?  But that is wild speculation on my part.

If I had to guess, the biggest chunk of the game to complete, in regards to development, is probably the story and lore. Once that's been finished and the player is able to play through the entire story, then it's just a matter of further refining graphics and tweaking gameplay as needed(adding ambient mobs, balancing recipes, etc). That's my assumption, anyway. I could be wrong!

I am so incredibly torn on this thought. I would adore having a collection of traders, drifters, Seraphs, locusts, etc., on my desk. On the other hand, it does tend to leave a sour tastes in many mouths, to be selling merchandise before completing a product. I disliked having to wait so long for, for example, official RimWorld merchandise... but it did finally get offered for sale.

However, I expect that VS isn't going to really leave development any time soon. The amount of features planned, not even things that spontaneously get added, is easily the work of another decade.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2024 at 1:48 AM, ifoz said:

Locust plushes

Sitting here without putting on my glasses, and thought you were suggesting locust plagues.

Man, if you thought people complained about temporal storms, wait 'til they see the plague of locusts.

Incidentally, doesn't that kind of make you wonder why they are called that instead of spiders or crabs or something like that? Foreshadowing?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.