Cracked vessels should be pickable in some way in the lategame

I try to find topic like this here but have no succes.

My idea is that cracked vessels must be obtaineble by gathring them from the ruins with some lategame items. Maybe it will be an iron tool or even steel. It can be a new tool or some new property of existing one.

In some point during the game you don't want any of flint axes or knifes but you realy need that sweet rusty gears. I'm aabsolutli loving the idea that wandering traders bye vessels from you and can sell them, but I wuld like to sell stuff witch I get from exploring the world.

Yes, sure, but what about all other classes? I’d like to gather vessels by make a really long trip in progression and hard work, not because I was born Malefactor. It will be cool if other classes can achieve this. Or maybe it can be an item you can bye from traders with some rare chance.

19 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

Cracked vessels can be purchased from the Treasure Hunter trader.  They can also be sold to other traders (notably the Commodities trader) for a hefty profit if you mind the prices for purchase and sale.

Defenetly you are right. I think it will be great to obtain that stuff from the ruins for better profit from traiding

2 hours ago, VadiK GricyuK said:

Defenetly you are right. I think it will be great to obtain that stuff from the ruins for better profit from traiding

I'm with @Thorfinn on this one; I think picking up the cracked vessels is best left as something unique to the Malefactor. Selling the vessels for a larger profit is just part of the bonus, although there's nothing stopping a Malefactor from gifting vessels to friends to sell, or simply sharing their profit of gears. The salvage bonus is also one of the primary reasons to pick Malefactor over the other classes. Removing that unique bonus leaves the Malefactor good at foraging(which Hunters have a similar bonus, but for animal loot, and are much better at range), and better at stealth(which isn't very useful if you're already good at spotting and avoiding danger to being with).

I could also see repairing vessels with glue being an option, as that does introduce a cost to salvaging through other means, but glue is fairly easy to get early in the game. In which case, the Malefactor's ability to salvage cracked vessels should be replaced with something else. What would make a good replacement, I'm not really sure; it should probably be something that's more useful in the early-mid game though, as the Malefactor tends to be very strong early and weaken significantly in the late game.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Thorfinn said:

Annnnnd....

There's a mod out this morning that does that.

So now it's a choice. Maby I will use this mod for my next surviwal world. Problem is that this mod emake it too easy. I will limit myself not ot use it before steel age.

Thank you all for your replise. It was really helpfull snd thay are change my mind a little bit about my original idea. 

Now it's time to go to that mod page and left a comment about some steel tool to obtain vesssels. Love you people. Best wishes from Ukraine.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.