Translocator destroyed, any chance to rebuild it?

ssunny2008

Hi there, i made it happen to destroy a translocator.

I ported from one to another, but above it was immediately lava. Since there was no way to get ride of it, i used water to close the hole... but this somehow destroyed the translocator, so right now there is only a oneway-port sadly.

Any chance to rebuild it via ingame-commands or something?

Greetings

Rebuild as in replace it exactly, with it linking to the same general area as the destroyed one? Not that I can think of, unfortunately, no.

Rebuild as in replace it entirely and have it link somewhere else, hopefully without lava? Yes, absolutely. With creative commands, you can break the existing TL and put a new broken one down, and even spawn yourself a couple of metal parts, and enough temporal gears to get it up and running again.

Commands go into the chat box, and you'll need only two.

/gm 2 will turn creative mode on, and then hitting E will open the creative menu instead of your inventory.

/gm 1 will turn creative mode back off.

Alternatively, if you know the general X Y Z coordinates for the TL which was destroyed, you can point your cursor at the existing one and use the following command, replacing X Y Z with the coordinates you need.

/settlpos l[] X Y Z

That command, much like repairing a TL in-game, will spawn a new linked TL at the target. It's obviously random when you repair one in-game, while that command will force the TL you're looking at to spawn a linked TL at the exact coordinates you indicate.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

There was command for relinking translocators. We used it few years a go when when missing return translocator was a common bug, we place new translocator and used command to link it. Sadly it is not o command wiki, I think this page missing a lot of useful commands.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.