Why go south?

Coldy
Go to solution Solved by Thorfinn,

The only reasons i know currently are wood that makes better crates, breadfruit wich gives the highest fruit saturation(i think) and maybe more high fertility soil?

Edited by Coldy

Mostly I agree. Longer growing season? Meh. Amaranth instead of rye? Meh. Oranges instead of apples? Double meh. The only good reason I can come up with is if you are not very good at combat, you don't have to go very far south to get out of brown bear territory.

1. Resonance Archive, assuming you're playing with the lore content enabled. The Archive doesn't always spawn to the south, but from my experience it tends to spawn somewhere in the southwest region from spawn.

2. If you don't like dealing with the bitter cold of winter, you might make like a bird and head south towards the end of fall, and make the return trip in spring. This is assuming you didn't start the game in a warm climate already.

3. Resources. Not every mineral spawns in the place you settled. Likewise, if you want exotic wood, tropical fruit, or trophies from certain animals, you'll need to head to warmer climates in order to find them.

4. If you chose to start in a Cool or Arctic climate, you'll need to go south at some point to find bees.

5. Go south purely because you want to. It's fun to explore! You never know when you might stumble across some epic landscape, or find some nice loot in a ruin. It's also easier to explore warmer climates than colder ones.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, idiomcritter said:

6. no brown or black bears (sun bears and pandas won't attack unless provoked)

They won't? I could've sworn I got assaulted by a panda bear last time I played in a warm climate. 🤨 Although I might've shot at it first...

18 minutes ago, LadyWYT said:

They won't? I could've sworn I got assaulted by a panda bear last time I played in a warm climate. 🤨 Although I might've shot at it first...

Come on admit it You probably stole her bamboo didnt Ya? :D

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.