Getting a server to use the same seed as an uploaded world

Brooke

I recently got a server form Bisect hosting so I could set up a modded server for me and some friends.  I am using world gen mods like vanilla plus and rivers.  I setup the configs how I like them and selected the world settings I like in a single player world, then uploaded that world to my server.  The problem I'm having is the server doesn't use the same seed as the world I uploaded.  The spawn chunks that I loaded in the single player world are there, but then the generated world outside of that is using a different seed. Is there a way to make the world on the server use the seed from the world file? I tried setting the seed in the server config file to the same seed, but that just generated a vanilla world with none of the configs or mods applied.  I spent a few hours finding a good seed since the rivers mod can be finicky with its generation when combined with vanilla plus, and would like to not have to go through the same process on the server.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.