will current mods work in 1.20 on release?

RasmusTheGreat

I'd expect the new API is going to break all of the ones you mentioned. A smaller content mod may be unaffected. StepUp is still probably going to need no change. Maybe the team modified how blockheight affects movement but I don't see anything in what they've said which suggests that. The mods that change the drops (StickUp, Better Drifter Loot, etc.) might be unaffected, largely depending on how cute they got. I've seen nothing that suggests a change in those keys. The mod that guarantees one seed drop from trees is probably broken. Since the crafting grid is still a thing, I'd expect most recipe-type content mods will still work, though the properties of the block generated may not.

Though in the back of my head, I keep thinking that as mod-friendly as Tyron et al. are, they might have leaked some parts of the new API to the major code mod developers so they can at least be thinking of what they will need to change.

[EDIT]

Now if Tels, l33tman, Spear and Fang, DanaCraluminum, catasteroid, etc. show up and say they have heard nothing about the new API, well, that answers that. ;)

[/EDIT]

Edited by Thorfinn
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.