How to make modded game have less lag?

Chipsss

I use quite a lot of mods, but most of them shouldn´t be all that heavy (I think?). Plus my PC is quite good. So when I mess with the in-game settings (resolution/view distance etc) it loads a lot better. I was hoping to know what is a good balance for the settings. Enough so it doesn´t temporarelly freeze frequently but also without making the game look bad or less immersive.

Thx

Those are the mods I use (If you think one or another of them is way too heavy or disnecessary etc tell me.)

vtr_3.0.3.zipStickBeam_1.1.0.zipStepUp-v1.2.0.csrnrOutlawsVillagersCompatMod-v1.2.0-dev.2.ziprivers_3.1.0.zipprimitivesurvival_3.6.4.zippetai_v2.2.4.zippeacockbasses_112 (1).zipnfa.zipMoveLikeKaji_0.0.5.zipmorespace-1.0.1.zipMoreRoofing-1.3.4.zipJustMoreRuins v 0.9.8.ziphydrateordiedrate_1.2.1.zipgiantgouramis_102 (1).zipGeologyAdditions 1.3.5.zipFotSA-Sirenia-v1.0.5.zipFotSA-Rhinocerotidae-v1.0.3.zipFotSA-Pantherinae-v1.1.9.zipFotSA-Manidae-v1.0.2.zipFotSA-Machairodontinae-v1.0.9.zipFotSA-Dinornithidae-v0.7.0.zipFotSA-Casuariidae-v1.0.8.zipFotSA-Capreolinae-v1.1.5.zipFotSA-Caninae-v1.0.16.zipFloralZonesNeozeylandicRegion-v1.0.3 (2).zipFloralZonesEastAsiaticRegion-v1.0.3 (2).zipFloralZonesCaribbeanRegion-v1.0.7 (2).zipFeverstoneWilds-v1.4.5-1.18.15 (1).zipFemininity 1.19.3-v0.1.3 (2).zipFarmSurvival-119-1.4.1 (1).zipEntitiesInteract-1.0.11.zipEntitiesConfiguration 1.0.9.zipEmoteMenu-1.0.5 (1).zipDiagonalFences-v0.0.1 (1).zipDayNightCycles-1.0.2.zipCuniculture_v1.0.2 (1).zipconfiglib_1.3.13.zipCommonLib_VS1.19.8_net7_v2.5.0-rc.1.zipcob_tradercamps_1.1.4.zipcancrops_0.1.27.zipbutchering_1.6.6.zipBugNetCompatibility_1.0.1.zipBetterRuinsv0.3.7.zipBetterRuinsLootChangesv0.0.3 (1).zipBetterHewnFenceGates-1.0.0.zipBanners-v0.33.0.zipbalancedthirst_0.0.39.zipanimalcages_v3.0.2.zipAncientTools_V1.5.18.zipAncientArmory1.0.5.zipAgeOfConfession_2.0.6.zip

A couple of other things you might try:

1. If you play with a gaming mouse, check the polling rate that it's set to and turn it down if it's at a high setting. Also try shutting down the special mouse software, if you can. I use a Corsair gaming mouse, and turning down the polling rate and shutting down iCUE while playing Vintage Story helped performance.

2. If you play on Windows, check your Windows mouse settings(the advanced settings), and make sure Enhanced Pointer Precision is turned off. I seem to have had a bit of luck with this one as well.

3. Try setting Vintage Story to run as administrator. This one should help Vintage Story take priority over other background programs when it comes to systems resources.

In regards to in-game graphics settings, I would mess with them until you find a balance that has good performance, without looking like potato mode. Turning off shadows and turning down the render distance usually helps quite a bit. Now in the event you want to take a nice screenshot, all you have to do is crank the settings back up as high as they'll go without frying your machine. You don't really need much for framerate if you've set up your shot beforehand, and when you're done you can just return the settings back to normal and continue playing.

Edit: Just to clarify, to check if your mouse might be at least one of the culprits behind the lag, look at the lagometer in the graphics settings menu while you're loaded in the world. The game pauses when you're in that menu, so the red graph shouldn't be fluctuating. If it's spiking whenever you move your mouse, then you likely have some sort of mouse setting that Vintage Story doesn't like.

Edited by LadyWYT

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.