Need help with mold

Techno
Go to solution Solved by Techno,

So I pour molten copper into the fired pickaxe mod, let it cool, and then no combination of button presses lets me pick up the pickaxe head. tried it out with the hammer and ingot molds as well, and same problem. I physically cannot progress without cheating in the head, and destroying the one I poured out by breaking the mold.

31 minutes ago, Brady_The said:

It'd help if you could show us a screenshot of the mould in question, if the issue persists. Currently the only explanation I'd have is a) you encountered a bug, or b) you haven't filled the mould completely.

attached is the screenshot you requested. I already cheated in the pickaxe head, explaining why it's blank. the ingot molds are the same condition as the hammer mold, but if you need a screenshot for that too I can.

2024-08-25_09-42-56.png

• Like 1

You cannot pick up soft copper, and soft copper should not be cold.  I'd say it's a bug.

It was once the case that using the watercan to sprinkle water onto a hot mold would cool it faster, but that mechanic was adjusted in the latest update.  To squish the bug I'd try using a watercan on it, but it might well break the mold and leave you with a useless pile of metal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steel General said:

You cannot pick up soft copper, and soft copper should not be cold.  I'd say it's a bug.

It was once the case that using the watercan to sprinkle water onto a hot mold would cool it faster, but that mechanic was adjusted in the latest update.  To squish the bug I'd try using a watercan on it, but it might well break the mold and leave you with a useless pile of metal.

I don't think that worked, it might've worked if the mold was still hot, but not sure I can do that

29 minutes ago, Brady_The said:

It would be interesting to know if you are able replicate the problem or if it was a strange one-time-issues.

Out of curiosity, are you using any mods that might modify metallurgy?

Yes, I can replicate it. I actually deleted my first cast of the copper pickaxe head, since I tried to break the mold to get it. as for the mods, None that expressly state the change metallurgy. My best guess is a mod that adds new metal types like titanium... other than that, theonly thing related to actual metallurgy is that helve hammer extentenion mod, and I highly doubt its that. I also have a couple out of date mods, which just didn't have an updated version, but all the comments on those say it still works for the current version.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.