Expanded Foods 1.7.2

l33tmaan

just downloaded the mod today and my fruit dough is turning out like this. when i bake them it stays the same. Currently on 1.19.8, is that the reason why? just wondering if anyone else is getting this issueIMG_1010.thumb.jpeg.2ae94b7d6c14943815fb3f0e4866ff01.jpegIMG_1009.thumb.jpeg.fc02171eb7d8a9b44a39ea52906462f4.jpeg

On 6/6/2024 at 12:40 AM, highhi byebye said:

I'm wondering why if I put in a cranberry gelatin into a fruit bread that it loses its 3+ hp from the meal, I know the original berry bread that had gelatin, and then syrup added to it then you got 10 hp (From the front page of this forum on berry bread), but the fruit bread I have is only .75 hp, with syrup AND gelatin, which I would figure would be at least 3.75 hp+?
Notice it doesn't specify the ingredients in it like the original berry bread does, so maybe that's it but

b6835c05f5816af3e107f41ad5525194.png

my syrup covered fruitbread is also looking like that. you got any idea why the texture is bugging?

Is there going to be an update to Expanded foods soon? There is a number of unresolved bugs still, one of which is the Refined Soulstorm Slop, that can be picked up as items, and not as liquids into containers. The only way to get them into containers as per my workaround is to pick them up as items, and place them back in the cauldron or saucpan slots. From there I can pick them up into containers like buckets.

Thank you for this amazing mod.😁

After Reading these previous posts, there seems to be a growing list of unfortunate bugs. Wish i was a coder so I could help.

Well, here is my current bug list...

Mods I'm using - HUDclock, Pottery Wheel, Carry On, Primitive Survival, Culinary Artery, Vanilla Plus, and Expanded Foods.

Unable to add any cooked veggies to pies, in any form, pre-cooked, cooked, charred, or any of those chopped.

Only able to add one form of sausage to anything, Un-cooked. Cooked, Cured and Charred don't work.

Glass bottles randomly disappear. When clicking on different surfaces, tree behind sap bucket, water blocks...

Contents of resin/sap buckets empty or go very low when removing from spile tree.

Items randomly duplicate. Duplicate vanishes upon using/placing.

-NEW-

Unable to use pumpkin slices in making fruit bars.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are just the ones I remember for now. That I didn't have in Vanilla or before adding this mod.

Will update as I remember or find more.

Thanks for your efforts.

Edited by Manimal

Absolutely love this mod. I'm a sucker for extensive food crafting. I've got syrups, wine, and fish sauce in my cellar, and am looking forward to making more.

So I didn't know you had to specifically enable oceans when I made my world, and after a year of in-game time I'm wondering if there's a command or something to let me turn fresh water into salt in barrels?

On 6/19/2024 at 10:42 AM, Socratease said:

Absolutely love this mod. I'm a sucker for extensive food crafting. I've got syrups, wine, and fish sauce in my cellar, and am looking forward to making more.

So I didn't know you had to specifically enable oceans when I made my world, and after a year of in-game time I'm wondering if there's a command or something to let me turn fresh water into salt in barrels?

You could give yourself a single bucket of sea water and make an infinite source with it to fill your barrels, as a last resort. I don't think there's a config setting or command specifically for changing the barrel behavior to handle fresh water for the recipe, but I could be wrong.

A little/lot confused but I've been trying to create Soulstorm Slop which refuses to accept any poisonous mushrooms whatsoever. I've tried chopped mushrooms (raw), chopped mushrooms (part-baked) and baked chopped mushrooms and none of those will allow the recipe to complete. I was trying to cook the mushrooms beforehand but that wasn't working whatsoever. Baking them was just heating them and not cooking and trying to saucepan them didn't resolve a recipe or said it would produced cooked mushroom (Charred) and didn't start cooking when heated.  The mushrooms I had available to me were Pink Bonnet and Funeral Caps.

Looking at it more closely, this might be an xskills incompatibility, since I have quality levels appended to the cooked foods.

Edited by Alan Johnson

I've been using chopped baked death cap mushrooms myself. And it works everytime. Even with Bitter Bolete. Only issue I have is the fact that I cannot bottle the Refined Soulstorm slop, but have to pick them up as an item and put it back in the sauce pan before it will allow it to be bottled. The moment it says chopped mushrooms (charred) it cannot be used though.

Edited by Dilan Rona

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding vegetable mix and fruit mix, does anyone know their recipes and/or why they don't show up in the handbook? The only thing I found in the files was their sat value (230) and health value (5).

I wanna say, thanks for making mechanical power easier to build out with the axle recipe that uses seed oil. Hunting for the fat for axles has been one of the most unnecessarily grindy aspects of the game I've experienced so far. That said the quantity necessary is so low that it pushes the balance closer towards the "zero effort" side of things and could use some rebalancing, perhaps by a recipe for untreated axles which are then sealed in oil to impregnate them.

I wanna say, thanks for making mechanical power easier to build out with the axle recipe that uses seed oil. Hunting for the fat for axles has been one of the most unnecessarily grindy aspects of the game I've experienced so far. That said the quantity necessary is so low that it pushes the balance closer towards the "zero effort" side of things and could use some rebalancing, perhaps by a recipe for untreated axles which are then sealed in oil to impregnate them.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if I'm asking something obvious, but I can't figure out how to add things as a 'topping before you cook' in things like stews.
Like if I want to add wine as a topping to meat stew, does that mean I have to use up one of the four spaces in a cooking pot, like wine/water/meat/meat?
Or is that a way to add wine as a extra to make it water/meat/meat/meat?

15 hours ago, Bada said:

Sorry if I'm asking something obvious, but I can't figure out how to add things as a 'topping before you cook' in things like stews.
Like if I want to add wine as a topping to meat stew, does that mean I have to use up one of the four spaces in a cooking pot, like wine/water/meat/meat?
Or is that a way to add wine as a extra to make it water/meat/meat/meat?

unfortunately, i think the only way is to use up one of the slots. like any liquid recipe you have to use the exact amount as well

Thank you so much for this mod, l33tmaan! Winter is much less boring now with this much variety! Here's hoping for more Wildcraft: Fruits and Nuts compatibility! I would love to make seaberry syrup, 'cause it sounds awesome! Or pinenut trailmix!

Sorry for asking, but I failed to find any good answer. What is the point of cutting meat or vegetables? Doesn't seem to provide additional nutrition, also doesn't seem to help speed up cooking/baking. Am I missing something?

On 7/31/2024 at 2:14 AM, kimitsu said:

Sorry for asking, but I failed to find any good answer. What is the point of cutting meat or vegetables? Doesn't seem to provide additional nutrition, also doesn't seem to help speed up cooking/baking. Am I missing something?

i think it's required for some recipes like salad, but otherwise it's just variety, changes the visual in the pot.

• l33tmaan changed the title to Expanded Foods 1.7.0

image.thumb.png.f1b0778fe46e36816d9ed62e647e77ae.png

FINALLY UPDATED TO 1.7.0!!!

HERBARIUM-WILDCRAFT:
Wildcraft Fruits, Nuts, Spices, and Herbs integrated into all meals and items (required approximately 1 billion hours of work)

MORE ANIMALS:
- Eggs only require 0.5 L to boil, not 1 L

FOOD UPDATES:
- Sausage lasts longer; has cured variants
- Broth is drinkable
- Clarified broth recipe requires 1/10th as much egg
- Dehydrated fruit has full healing; dried fruit has half healing
- Syrups (and other liquids) can be added to pies
- Fine and strong wine distill into spirits at a buffed rate
- Cured meat nuggets can be added to soups
- Breadcrumbs now have the ExpandedFood class, nutritionPropsWhenInMeal nerfed to compensate 
- Breadcrumb grid recipe removed
- Cheese dumplings added
- Dumpling shapes added inside meals
- All meal nut shapes updated
- Noodles can be added to soup
- Fried veggies & mushrooms can be added to mixing bowl meals

BUGFIXES:
- Food oil in fried food registers as Vegetable and not Fruit satiation
- Cooked chopped pumpkin slice texture fixed, handbook for muffin updated accordingly
- Honey yogurt has HP healing
- Maple bread crumbs can be put in small trough
- Bread starter stack size increased from 16 to 5000
- Fish sauce can be used in meat stews without Primitive Survival installed

QOL:
- Breadcrumb feed added (thanks, Goose!)
- Chopped items can be boiled
- Boiled basic foods are cooked perfectly

MISC:
- Old fish sauce barrel recipe removed
- Spirits no longer turn into vingear
- Cassava whiskey renamed to cassava vodka 
- Meal shape patches fixed

• Mind=blown 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.